Moving to Austin in 1965, Juli has a deep commitment to and love for her city. She received a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, and Masters’ and Doctoral degrees in Educational Psychology, from UT Austin where she was selected for Phi Beta Kappa. She began her professional career at the Education Service Center, Region XIII, working in the areas of drug abuse prevention and health education. She then worked for ten years for the Texas Department of Health, in the Health Promotion Division. In that position she supervised the Risk Reduction section, consulted on employee wellness programs for businesses and state agencies, and helped develop leading-edge programs in community engagement and minority health. 2016Vita.JFellows
The mission of her consulting business, started in 1993, is to help organizations integrate diverse points of view to increase the quality of decisions and commitment to implementation. She especially enjoys working with values-driven businesses and mission-driven nonprofits.
Giving back to her community is very important to Juli. She has been a leader and active contributor to the Austin community through a range of service activities.
- Volunteer mediator and mentor for the Dispute Resolution Center for eight years.
- PTSA Vice President and President at McCallum High School
- PTA Board member at Lamar Middle School
- Board member for Tapestry Singers for four years, including two years as Board President
- Member of the Girlstart STEM Society
- Member of Communities in Schools WISE (Women Investing in Success and Education)
To satisfy her artistic yearnings, Juli studies voice with Sylvia Gallo and has sung with Tapestry Singers since 2007. She enjoys twice weekly yoga sessions with Joan Lava and is an enthusiastic member of the “Never Too Old to be a Ballerina” book club. She is married to Rolland Fellows, Ph.D. a psychologist in private practice, and they have two grown children.